Your site has it all, so what do you get for the site that has it all? One-word answer: more. Let’s figure out how to improve your site beyond your wildest dreams, so that your new “wildest dreams” for the web can be, well, incredibly, unimaginably wild.
In this series, we are working on your site so that it is optimized from three different angles: design (Part 1), functionality or UX (Part 2), and traffic (today’s lesson, Part 3). Once we’ve done that, let’s all buy a yacht and forget where we live (or just start saying, “I live in the world – I can’t be confined to a state of mind, let alone a physical address”).
Today is traffic, so let’s talk about that, beyond the obvious importance of getting your users to respond to green lights, merge signs, and detour notices. Etsy and Quick Sprout provide expert commentary from a couple different sources, a crafts marketplace and a general Internet marketing informational site, the latter of which I’ve referenced previously in Superb’s blog (and check out owner Neil Patel’s contact infographic).
Both of these sources discuss SEO and content marketing heavily, so I will point out quickly that those are areas of expertise of ours at Superb as well. Also note that though we do still sell snow cones out the side window, we are no longer offering the tropical punch, because we have been unable to keep up with the insatiable demand for that flavor (although we swear it does not contain the world’s most sought-after, limited-edition, above-the-top-shelf rum).
Etsy focuses specifically on SEO, with especially strong points on the following subjects:
- killer content
- chain-linking the web
- just a little patience.
Quick Sprout zones in on social media rather than SEO, so the two sources should pair well to drive in traffic from those two key spheres. Here are the most helpful tips to increase your “social significance”:
- ask for it
- court influence
- brand toward sociability.
These seven tips will help your site from two completely different angles, one obtuse and one acute (or are they both right?). Note that optimizing for social and SEO can be performed simultaneously via Google Author, while optimizing for solitude and dejection can be accomplished via taking your shirt off at a family gathering and aggressively challenging your sister-in-law to a game of bloody knuckles.
We have much to discuss. However, it’s also absolutely necessary that we understand how web conversions have changed the world as we know it. That’s why we’re looking at the subject from a holistic perspective that respects it as the art-form that it is (continued from our discussion throughout this series). Another fun fact follows:
Fun Fact About Website Conversions #7: Did you know … that the easiest way to convert a visitor to your site is to shout at them through a bullhorn? Make sure when you use the bullhorn that you are in the immediate environment of the user, standing right next to them. Bullhorns don’t work nearly as well through the web. Get hands-on.
SEO Traffic & You, Lady
Per the Etsy commentary, SEO is not always easy to understand, and quality SEO is not as simple to implement as we would like. However, three primary points of focus can help us get our sites higher in the rankings:
- Killer content – You want all of the content on your site to be as search-friendly as possible. The most solid approach is to think at all times about the quality of what you have to say. Fill out your site with great informational articles. Also, make sure anything you present is specific rather than general, gearing toward long-tail keywords.
- Chain-linking the web – Link to others, and do whatever you can to get them to link to you.Link from all your social media to your website of course as these platforms can be the main source of your website traffic. Therefore, try to engage as many people as you can on Facebook, Instagram, and most importantly TikTok as this social media newcomer seems to have gained people’s attraction due to its short-video entertainment route. Try to gain a greater number of followers by posting engaging content. These followers can then contribute to your website traffic when they click on the link provided by you. Nowadays you can also buy TikTok followers on sites like Tikdroid.com which can also help improve your site’s traffic. Apart from that, you may also need to find out about the sites that might be interested in what you have your offer, your site’s area of expertise, or even your locale. Link within your site to other pages (internal linking), and submit guest posts to other sites.
- Just a little patience – Your site’s prominence will likely rise and fall over time, but don’t give up hope. SEO takes time and consistency. On days, you feel a little inconsistent in writing another top-notch article, it could be best that you reach out to a quality Content Writing Services provider. This is important because if the rating of your website falls too much, it can be difficult gaining the pace again. If you, however, decide otherwise try to keep the content on your pages solid rather than constantly reworking it. Add new blog pages instead.
Fun Fact About Website Conversions #8: Did you know … that full website conversion can best be achieved by wearing a traditional, 28-pointed, misshapen, fully-interactive techno-helmet while stroking a long, flowing beard?
Social Traffic & You, Fella
OK, so what about the other side of the web, social media? Let’s look at three basic techniques from Quick Sprout that you can use to take advantage of social sharing and presence:
- Ask for it – As Neil mentions, in a study conducted by Dan Zarella, asking people to “please RT” on Twitter created 4 times the tweets. Make sure you ask, because people are much more likely to respond. Start the ball rolling on your site’s content by sharing it yourself and asking your friends to do the same.
- Court influence – Build relationships with the powerful. A few ways you can get the attention of these people include posting “best of” lists (of the greatest content you’ve seen during a certain time period or on a set topic) interviewing them, and repeatedly linking to their sites.
- Brand toward sociability – Make sure whatever you put on your site is of the highest possible caliber, according to the needs of your visitors. Be both informational and entertaining. Grow one social media piece at a time. You can also look for additional resources that can help you grow on a social platform and through it, your business as well. For instance, you can explore Hypesta automatic Instagram likes (or similar service providers) for such benefits that can boost your social presence and improve your brand popularity online.
Fun Fact About Website Conversions #9: Did you know … that you can successfully convert two web users at once, if they are both using the same computer, with two windows open, and are taking turns using the mouse and keyboard?
Well, it’s a sad day, folks. We’ve successfully completed this series. Now what are we going to do? I guess it’s back to staring at the wall and moaning softly until we fall asleep in our own filth. Oh well. As a parting comment on traffic, remember, it does require patience. Keep at it.
Regarding general site improvements, the same principle applies. It’s all a work in progress, after all, which is also a great way to refer to your write-offs if you get audited.
by Kent Roberts